- Back to Careers
- Remote – AU / NZ regions
- Full Time
Front End / UI Developer
About our company
Groundplan is a SaaS takeoff and estimating product built specifically for the construction trades such as plumbers, electricians, painters and more. To create an estimate, the user will load floor plans into Groundplan to measure and count items using our plan editor developed with the Canvas API, paying special attention to usability.
We’ve already built a large following of very satisfied customers, but we’re now looking for a dedicated front end / UI specialist to continue improving the user experience and expand our product further. That’s where you come in.
About our team
We’re a small team of carefully selected savvy specialists. We each work from the comfort of our own home offices while servicing customers throughout the world.
About the role
This is a newly established full time role for an experienced remote front end developer who has ideally come from a SaaS product background. You will work directly with the company’s founders which developed the product. You will be expected to:
- Develop front-end architectures
- Develop new UI features and components
- Define how a component looks as well as how it works
- Know UI patterns that make good UX sense
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Be an excellent communicator
- Be self-motivated with the ability to take ownership of your work
- Collaborate effectively with the Product Manager and the development team to determine the optimal UI for new features
What you will bring
- Proficient understanding of HTML5 and CSS3
- Good understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them, including email templates
- Good understanding of git
- (Preferable) Basic knowledge of image authoring tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Figma
- (Preferable) Experience with the 2d or WebGL Canvas API
What we will provide
- Genuine focus on work-life balance
- Flexibility and autonomy
- An opportunity to work from from home, while remaining readily connected with the team
- A culture of encouragement for you to take ownership, provide feedback and participate in open discussion
- Opportunity to make a significant impact on the general behaviour, the look and the feel of our product
- We actively encourage upskilling and will fund courses that are beneficial for the growth of the employee and the business
- We provide all required hardware and software for you to carry out your role effectively
1. Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
2. If selected, we’ll contact you to schedule an initial online interview.
3. We may send you a coding challenge for you to solve on your own, outside the interview. Your time will be remunerated.
4. After the interview process, we will let you know within 3 business days if your application was successful or not (and why).
We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Now